Wednesday, August 21, 2013

It Only Took a Year

To get my shower curtain finished. Remember my inspiration in this post? I started it last spring, and got stuck on the grommets for the top. I bought some fancy, professional looking grommets, but didn't have the correct press thingy to attach them. So my perfectly ruffled curtain sat in the sewing room for a very long time. Finally, I realized this was silly, and just made buttonholes at the top instead of grommets. I even bought new shower curtain rings for the official "hanging of the shower curtain". It was a grand day indeed.
05-031

I used the serger's double roll hem option for the ruffle's edges and the curtain itself is an old flat sheet.
07-034

And while we're in the bathroom and on the subject of curtains, I might as well showcase the window curtain as well. I simply hand stitched lots of my Grandma's antique handkerchiefs together and sewed a casing at the top to hang it.
08-036

09-038

2 comments:

  1. Very nice...I really like the idea of making a curtain from your grandmothers handkerchiefs....so interesting. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts and comments are always nice. So, if you're feeling so inclined, leave a comment.