And we ate this:
And yes, it was delicious.
Next, this is generally how I find Natasha in the mornings. She simply does not stay in bed to sleep.
Last Saturday, Daniel and I picked 19 pounds of these. We froze most of them, and still need more. (We love blueberries...)
A cute picture of Natasha carefully stenciling away:
Oh, maybe I should throw in here, that with this random post, I took the liberty to not edit any pictures. Didn't feel like taking the time. :)
The last of the funeral flowers.
Finally, I'm desperate for homemade toys to keep Natasha's mind busy during the day. Books are fabulous, and she loves them, but I have been getting weary of reading, reading, reading at any given moment of the day. Sooo I scouted Pinterest a bit, and found this idea somewhere. And quickly made it. All you do is trace a few random (I guess this post does have a theme...) toys and have her match up the toy to the shape. She liked it for about as long as I asked her to "pose" playing for me. Then she was sidetracked with wanting to trace her own objects. So, the original play activity didn't last long. Oh well.
Next, I will amuse you with a few random things on my mind. Just for fun.
1. The last time I cried was in a dream, and Daniel asked me the next morning if I was crying while sleeping. Yep, sure was!
2. I rather dislike having to hang up, pre-hung laundry. Did that make sense? Example: This morning, I did two loads of laundry and hung them outside. About 2 minutes after the last load was all carefully arranged, it started to rain. (Not saying that I mind the rain! We SOO need it!) So I ran out and gathered it all up. Then was faced with the tedious job of re-hanging damp laundry inside without a proper clothesline or enough drying racks.
3. We don't have a dryer. ;)
4. Natasha is 95% potty trained! I'm SO proud of her! I haven't washed diapers in about a month, and, can I brag a wee bit? She even stays dry at night! And, I really didn't need to do so much worrying about the whole thing. I'm trying to learn about not worrying...
5. Another thing I dislike, is washing any skillet that cooked scrambled eggs. I would gladly have a non-stick skillet, just for cooking scrambled eggs.
6. Next item on the sewing list? A shower curtain. Something like this:
image source: Pottery Barn
7. My favorite day of the week has always been Tuesday. Maybe because I was born on a Tuesday. Or, because Monday is past.
8. Daniel cut shelves for our laundry room, and we got brackets today. I can't tell you how excited I am about this! This was my shelf inspiration:
image source: Our Vintage Home Love
10. Oh, and I'm wanting to get my bangs cut. Maybe something like this:
image source: Beauty Department
11. The Olympics are soon! I would like to watch the gymnastics and the diving.
12. We don't have a TV. Does anyone know if I can see this live online somehow?
13. I can't wait for fall. I've seriously had enough of this heat. This is exactly why I don't like summer. Rather craving wearing my hair down and wearing a cardigan like this:
image source: What She Wore 365
So, hope you enjoyed this rather one-sided Friday afternoon chat. I did! Anything else you want to chat about? What's on your minds these days?