Planting & Sowing






Sometimes I get these little ideas that I want to execute *right now* for *instantaneous* results. Digging out a little space to lay bricks in front of the chicken coop door, was one. Do the chickens care if they have a little patio? No. Did it make me happy making it? Yes.


Another was when Lincoln wanted to "build something with wood" and we made the world's most crude, hodge-podge potting bench. But, hey, it works really well and he had fun using the drill to screw the legs on.





I tried my hand at propagating lavender for the first time. It's fairly straightforward. Clip young cuttings before they bloom above the woody part, from an established lavender plant and strip the bottom 1/3-2/3 leaves off. Then stick them in soil, keep them moist and out of direct sunlight and see if they grow. I have a vision of a lavender hedge somewhere and thought it was worth a try to see if I can get free plants. 


Above are Apricot Foxgloves and the fleeting, Sissinghurst Poppy. Both of which I started from seed last year and they bloomed for the first time this spring. Simply dreamy.

Comments

Popular Posts