A Room of His Own

For the longest time, Lincoln was sleeping in our closet. Yes, it's large, yes, his crib fit and yes it was fine. But we realized that if we moved Natasha to the basement, we could move him into her room. She has hardly ever slept in her room anyway, despite having a nice double size bed. Don't ask me why. Her preference has been to make a nest of blankets somewhere in a cozy corner typically under the stairs in the basement, so the room wasn't being used much in that sense. (It seems our children have a thing with sleeping in closets.) So I tearfully took down his crib, regained our closet space and moved his little crib mattress to Natasha's room which has gradually become "Lincoln's room".

The past month or so I've been on a huge shelving kick. More on my BIG shelving project, later. In my organizing and rearranging, I discovered the shelves Daniel made for the laundry room in our previous house, not being used. What? Shelves not on the wall? I hadn't thought of a suitable place for them till now.




Oh my was it fun to style them and make this room perfect for a little boy. 



Currently this little boy is napping. He literally put himself to bed after I changed his diaper by turning on his sound machine, closing the door saying, "Wincoln napping now!" I tell you, the personality differences between him and his older sister are night and day. She was WAY done with napping at age 2 1/2 and here, he puts himself to bed. 



Comments

Popular Posts