Post-Christmas and A Snowless January







 





The ornaments and Christmasy-items have been carefully tucked away. The tree still has lights and is looking nice and wintery on these long, dark January evenings. The gifts are being played with and enjoyed. Among them being a new archery set, a new bike helmet, and not shown, but you get to enjoy the results of, a new camera for myself. Normal life has resumed, to some extent, and a New Year has arrived.

I say normal life has returned only somewhat because, when a wedding in the family is just around the corner, life is hardly ever normal. I've been sewing up a storm this past week, making Natasha's flower girl dress. She is over-the-moon excited to be in her Aunt's wedding, and I'm over-the-moon excited that my sister is getting married. Only two weeks to go. (!) Natasha's dress has been a challenge since I designed a sheer yoke feature and it required a lot of extra hand sewing. Trust me, there will be pictures shared later. It's turning out quite lovely and now we just need to find the perfect shoes.

If you've been around for any length of time, you might know that I love winter. But this winter has not seemed very wintery outside in the regards of snow. There aren't any snowflakes in the forecast. At all. Very dismal, if you ask me.


Comments

Popular Posts