Our little reader



Everyone reads perched on top of a chicken coop at some point in their life, right?

This was last month now, but I thought it appropriate to share since we signed up for the summer reading program at our library today. For Natasha's age group, the "required" reading is 90 minutes per week. I think she did 60 of them today after returning from the library.

I just finished listening to the audio version of "The Light Between Oceans" by M.L. Stedman. It was a perfect example of how once a lie has been started, the problems one has to face effect not only yourself, but those around you as well. I found it frustrating since everyone just needed to be honest and things would clear up. It was very sad...I actually cried while listening to the last chapter. And I don't normally cry with books. But it did end better than I anticipated which was a relief. Next though, I think I need something more cheerful to listen to. Any suggestions?


Comments

  1. I enjoy audio books. Last summer I listened to Marcia Schuyler, Phoebe Deane and Miranda by Grace Livingston Hill on Librivox. All three stories are wonderful and very cheerful. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read any Grace Livingstone Hill books, even though I know the author's name well and I think we even had some growing up. You'd think I would have devoured them by now. Thank you for the recommendation. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thoughts and comments are always nice. I love to hear from my readers.

Popular Posts