2.25.2017 Currently

It's almost the end of February, but it's been a fun month here. Except for the colds and runny noses for the smaller people in the household. That was not fun. But I think we're moving past that now. Whew. 

Sometimes I don't really know what to blog about. I have pictures to share, but my thoughts and words don't always correspond to the pictures and it seems so incredibly random. I really like the "Currently" theme, so here it is for today.

Listening to:
Natasha and my nephew, age 3, chatting while eating their snack of apple slices and meat sticks. It's so interesting to hear them banter back and forth. 


Reading:
"Saving Simon" by Jon Katz. The subtitle is, "How a Rescue Donkey Taught Me the Meaning of Compassion" and it makes me remember years ago when we had a donkey named Maggie Mae growing up. 


Watching:
The snow fall outside. We have had some really crazy weather this February. Uncharacteristically warm and spring-like, which is lovely BUT makes me worried about the havoc it may play on fruit trees getting confused as well as the maple syrup season. Not that I have any fruit trees or maple trees to tap, but I like winter to be winter and spring to be spring and the two not to get too confused with each other.


Loving:
 9 years ago when a certain 21 year old married a certain 23 year old. :) We actually celebrated earlier this month by going to Boulder, Colorado area and spending a few days away. Lincoln tagged along with us and we had fun snowshoeing in the Rocky Mountains, casually browsing bookstores, and having some one-on-one talks over coffee and Argentine food. Our actual anniversary was the 23rd, and I baked our traditional "wedding" carrot cake. Which is very hard to photograph in low light.


Trying:
To get outside every day. It doesn't always happen, but I think it's important to get some fresh air, despite what the weather may be doing. My goal is to walk every day to get that fresh air, but sometimes simply going to the mailbox or getting out of the car to go into the library is all that happens.


Thinking About:
Getting back into more of a workout routine. I kind of slacked off this past month because of travel and when we returned, Natasha and Lincoln had colds and I was lacking sleep and trying to stay healthy myself. But now I'm feeling the urge to do more moving and in particular, lift weights. Deadlifts are my favorite.

Also, I'm wondering if I need to start a different cleaning routine. I typically do a big vacuum, dust, wipe down the bathrooms, etc... on Saturdays. But I'm thinking about spreading things out a bit and doing one task a day and throwing in some more detailed cleaning so it's not forgotten. 


What all are you folks up to these remaining winter days? What is your cleaning routine? Any thoughts to aid in my housekeeping musings?

Comments

Popular Posts