Thoughts on a Thursday

Today is a rare and special day. Daniel took Natasha on a whale watching adventure and they won't be home till evening. Since Lincoln is too young to go out on the boat and all, it's just me and this babe today at home.


On my mind are a lot of random little things that I thought I'd share.

  • Knitting. Oh my goodness, am I obsessed with Ravelry and all the new patterns I'm finding. My sister-in-law asked if someone could knit a baby bonnet styled similar to one of these for her new baby coming in February and little did she know what she started. I want to knit ALL the bonnets for ALL the babies, including my own. So if I know you and you're expecting, you now have a good idea of the baby gift you're getting. That is, if I can knit fast enough. But before I start baby bonnets, I'm working on a sweater for my little man with these beautiful colours.




  • Postpartum hair loss. It's real, folks. Maybe it's just that I have long hair to begin with, but wow. It seems like a LOT is coming out. How long does this last?! 
  • Roasted butternut squash in our AirBnB's convection oven is SO good. I roast it sprinkled with cinnamon, drizzled with honey and a good amount of butter and it's like candy.
  • When I'm up with Lincoln at night and he's nursing, I find that's the best time for me to pray. I did a lot of it when he was a newborn, but as he gradually slept longer and I wasn't up as much, it slacked off. We're back at it again and I'm grateful for the almost subconscious sleepy state of mind at 12:30, 3:00 and 5:00 a.m. when I can turn my thoughts to Christ. I can take all the little and big things that are a part of my life and my loved ones lives to him in prayer and know that he cares.
  • My life is not always rosy and Pinterest-worthy. I want you all to know that. One of the main ones right now is Natasha and her issues with "uncomfortable" clothing. She only wants to wear what she deems comfortable, and it's a rough, rough day when that item, i.e. her dotted skirt, are in the wash. I had no idea when I gave birth to a girl that their emotions can be so haywire and strong even at such young ages. Oh my. I am quite open to suggestions if anyone has any tips on teaching little girls to stay in control of these very real, but over-the-top outbursts.
The favorite new skirt, made from the "Frothy Skirt" pattern, with fabric I bought in Paris 3 years ago.
  • Fall in Canada is amazing. I'm in love. The maple trees here seem to be a different red than at home. It's probably my imagination, but they are SO vibrant. I don't think I know the right words to describe the colors I've seen. Maybe I should consult Sherwin Williams' paint swatch selection for names. They're maroon and scarlet and crimson and wine and all so stunning.
So, I leave you with another smiley picture of a drooling baby, who just woke up from his morning nap. On our to-do list this afternoon is a bike ride to the river to sit in the sun and knit or read. We'll see if I can get to the bike path without getting lost since I don't have Daniel to lead the way. The knitting and reading may not happen in reality, but it's a lovely thought, aye?




Comments

Popular Posts