In slow mode



1-IMG_8357

2-IMG_8368


Peaceful, slow, winter days. 
I attempt to be a quilter by day, a knitter by night and a reader when I should be sleeping.

So far I have pieced one very true scrap quilt top out of my slightly old work shirts and am now stuck on the backing. 
  
The knitting has consisted of one slightly slouchy hat for winter, even though it now looks like spring outside with melting snow and rain right now. I hope I get a few more chances to try it out. 

As for reading, I finished "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up", by Marie Kondo, "Humilty: True Greatness" by C. J. Mahoney and am currently on an old book from a library book sale years ago titled, "Keep the Wagons Moving" by West Lathrop. I loved pioneers and any stories set in the 1800's when I was growing up, and this one certainly fits the "pioneer" category. Why I didn't read it when I was still living at home, I don't know. 

The Polaroid picture above of Natasha, was taken by my brother-in-law, with my sister-in-law's "new" old Polaroid camera. This was the first shot with it, and we weren't even sure it worked, but it does, and how truly fun it is. 

Lace is not normally a textile I decorate with much, but I discovered my Grandma's lace tablecloth in the last un-opened box from when we moved. Hung as a curtain, I love seeing the design with the light coming in from the window. 

What keeps you busy these winter days? Are you dreaming of spring? 

Comments

Popular Posts