It's Me




14-063


Hello 2015! The Christmas tree is outdoors, the manger scene and ornaments are packed away, the wreaths have been brought in, and things are looking much less "red and green" once again. The New Year's calender has been hung and the annual tidying up has begun again. It's a good feeling to begin anew.

2-006
 

All of December was full of merry-making; decking the halls,

22-158

24-029
To steal my cousin's comment, "Thanks Pinterest" for wrapping ideas. Couldn't have done it without ya. 

 baking up dozens of cookies,


38-022

37-033
A gluten-free roll-out cookie recipe that didn't make me want to say bad words when rolling the dough out. It was that amazing to work with. Tasted just like my Grandma's cookie dough recipe too. I can't stop raving over it.

35-020
She knows where the food coloring is stored. 
Top shelf.



39-046
My Grandma's spritz cookie maker in action. Used this recipe

 sending out of Christmas cards,

1-054
Not always so cheerful at facing 30 some cards that need signing.

32-114
I must have had New Zealand's sheep on my mind, since they all appeared on on Christmas cards.

making memories,

4-071

7-120
 They haven't fallen down yet, although my jolly-rancher stained glass window has a hole since the lights inside were a wee too hot and melted it. :)

 and so on and so forth.

40-053
Watching a Christmas movie in the living room, then sleeping under the tree.

1-014
Cinnamon Rolls for Christmas morning breakfast

 It was a lot of fun, but I feel...tired. Completely wore out and ready to face a proper January with no official celebrations. I want to curl up in a couch (which we don't have) and knit, read and eat chocolate chip cookies. 'Cause lets face it: Iced sugar cookies, spritz cookies, thumbprint cookies and all those traditional Christmas desserts are grand, but they usually don't include enough chocolate.

005
We decorated these cookies after Christmas with my sister-in-law's expert instruction. 

One of my favorite bloggers mentioned that this is the time of year when we all hunker down for a long winter. And, just as my husband said would happen, the beginning of January brought us winter. Snow and c-o-l-d temperatures. Now I don't mind winter in general, but the single degree temperatures make me absolutely and completely a homebody. I don't feel like going anywhere. Staying warm inside practicing my handstands is enough movement for me and I'll just look out at the lovely snow for entertainment.

Downton Abbey started up again, and we are watching it online to stay updated. Only one episode in, and I'm already planning afternoon tea time with real teacups and saucers. That show has a way of making me do things like that. So please excuse me while I go dig out my Grandma's teacups and have afternoon tea. Perhaps while I do so, I will contemplate how so many of the bloggers I follow can blog and live life at the same time. I seem to be able to only do one or the other. Ha!

Happy New Year everyone!

Post Script: As very close readers might notice, a few of the recipes I linked to have rice flour in them. Rice is a grain, and generally we ARE grain-free. However, white rice is the one exception and we've started to incorporate more of it in our diet. Not only cooked rice on the menu, but rice flour in baking. We haven't noticed any negative affects of this particular grain and especially for baking this holiday season, it made my life incredibly easy with those recipes. I'm singing the praises of the gluten-free baking with tapioca flour, potato starch, rice flour and xantham gum.

Comments

  1. Love that top photo! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Turquoise was my favorite summer color and when we spotted that door when in New Zealand, I just had to have a picture.

      Delete
  2. you are so so gorgeous! and those cookies are perfection.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words. I impressed myself with those cookies; thank goodness for Lydia's help and instructions. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thoughts and comments are always nice. I love to hear from my readers.

Popular Posts