Storytime in New Zealand

Turns out it doesn't take an hour and a half to walk downtown to the library, rather only 45 minutes and we arrived early. It was a nice little program for wee ones that included some songs and "dancing" at the beginning, a story, some pictures of one librarian's recent trip to Kenya, and a craft to finish up. I think you'll know where we'll be on Thursdays at 2 p.m. from here on out!
Here's a video of the opening song:


8-14-2014 Storytime in New Zealand from Janel Haley on Vimeo.

5-001 3-004 4-005 2-006

We stuck around a little longer than most mums and children, so we could catch up on our reading. Basically, I sat on this cushion and Natasha brought me a book and I read it. Then we repeated it. Many time. :) I'm keeping track of the books we read and the authors, to copy into Natasha's reading booklet back home. We're aiming for 1000 books, but certainly taking our time about it!
1-008

Comments

Post a Comment

Thoughts and comments are always nice. I love to hear from my readers.

Popular Posts