A New Apron

Before we went to Europe, I made a new apron. My old one was dearly loved, but it was time. You see, it had seen hundreds upon hundreds of meals in the 5 years that we've been married. A college friend made it for me and I wore it in Ohio, Panama and Michigan. But it was thinning terribly and the thinnest spot became a hole.

1-024
Here's the original, shown last summer on a very regular housekeeping day. It illustrates exactly what my life consisted of then: cooking and heading to the laundry room with a bag of dirty diapers. 

I loved this style so much that I copied it at least 3 times for gifts, and so naturally my new one was copied from it once again.
1-098
This new apron has already traveled the world. This photo shoot was in Germany. 

I tried to embellish it some with some white piping...
16-237

some hand embroidered flowers from a vintage pattern of my Grandma's...
17-238

and even a "fancy" sewing machine hem. So now here's to another 5 years of keeping my clothes safe from grease stains! 'Cause I'm a messy cook, no matter what state or country I'm in.
18-240

Comments

Post a Comment

Thoughts and comments are always nice. I love to hear from my readers.

Popular Posts