I'm Bragging About My Sister

I have to do a little post about my sister. She is having an adventure down south for the summer at a Christian camp, and I'm just so proud of her. She has worked in the kitchen and been a junior cabin leader, and is just amazing me with her boldness, servant hood, cheerfulness despite being somewhat tired (what can you expect with a bunch of teenagers around?!) and simply her willingness to go and do something so out of her comfort zone. We grabbed a picture of the two of us back in May before she left:

1-026

Oh, and did I mention that she celebrated her 24th birthday the very first weekend she was down there?! I had to send her gift in the mail, and since everything is cuter when it's tiny, I made some tiny envelopes for a couple wire designs.

4-161

3-160

And wrapped it all in brown paper and sent it on its way.

5-163

She still has the rest of the summer to go, and will be facing all sorts of new and exciting things. Like probably being a head cabin leader at some point. Ahh! That would just about scare my socks off. She already told me about the week she was a junior cabin leader to a whole passel of 8-12 years old girls, and that was in itself overwhelming! (I think she does better under pressure like that than I do.) We pray for her daily, and I know it's the Lord who is sustaining her!

Comments

Post a Comment

Thoughts and comments are always nice. I love to hear from my readers.

Popular Posts