February 5th

"Self-Portrait"
1-003

I was sewing book pages together to make a valance for the living room. Since we rent, all the windows have the typical renter's house mini blinds as "window coverings". I almost have them all covered up, but the living room was still left. After trying sewing all these book pages together like a big sheet, I decided that wasn't going to be as practical to hang as simply sewing them onto a piece of string and creating a type of bunting/banner/curtain. So below is the finished product:

2-006

They seem very...blank right now. I don't know if I might do something with silhouettes on every other page or something like that or not. It almost seems to be missing something, but I'll leave it as is and see what I end up liking.

Comments

Post a Comment

Thoughts and comments are always nice. I love to hear from my readers.

Popular Posts