February 23rd

"Favorite Thing"
2-015

3-008

You may assume I am referring to my wedding dress, but that's not exactly the case. I'm loving the fact that it still fits! Today is our 5th anniversary, and I have a tradition of trying my dress on each year. Does it still count as a tradition if I've missed two years? One year I was pregnant, and last year my dress was in the USA and I wasn't. 

I made it myself, (with a lot of my Mom's help, guidance and inspiration) and it has a little bit of a story. The flowered overlay was bought twice, from Meijer. It's actually curtains. At first I didn't like it, so we returned them, and then I decided I did want it and so we bought them again. My sash has Daniel's name and mine embroidered on the tails, and they say "Mr." and "Mrs." when they're flipped. I love that detail! On the inside of the dress, I hand embroidered with blue thread our names and the date. That was my "something blue" and I did think of that all on my own without Pinterest!

Some girls can look back on their wedding day and not want to change a thing. Everything turned out just how they wanted and it was ideal. I was one of those girls for a little while after our wedding, but now I think back and would have changed a lot. Maybe it's just my style has changed. Or I grew up. Or Pinterest arrived. Or I matured. I don't know. 

I would not change who I married though. I'm thrilled to be married 5 years to a wonderful guy. I like him a lot. :) Maybe he's my favorite thing!

Comments

  1. Congratulations!! (on both the anniversary and fitting into your wedding dress.) Your dress is beautiful. I love the color and the details you describe.
    We will be celebrating our fifth anniversary in October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet. I'm the same way, I would change a lot about ours too. I told him we'll just have to plan a 10 year anniversary vow renewal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who would do things differently. :) A vow renewal sounds kind of fun!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thoughts and comments are always nice. I love to hear from my readers.

Popular Posts