Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Tour

Of our house from the outside front walk...
17-035
(That's my wee little grapevine tree. I tore out vines from the wooded area behind our house and wound them around three tomato stakes tied with twine at the top. Then I stuck them in the soft ground so it wouldn't topple, and hopefully it will stay standing all winter. I can't wait to let Natasha help me put lights on it for Christmas! And this is a very long parentheses explanation, so I'll stop now and move on.)


...into the kitchen and my *favorite chalkboard antique purchase ever*...
21-189
(I attempted to duplicate this type of chalkboard design.)


...to my favorite old shelf found in the rafters of my Grandma's garage...
22-192
(The hand print wreath was a craft Natasha and I did. This one was an original design. Meaning, I didn't see it on Pinterest or someone's blog...I just wanted to do it. While on the Pinterest bunny-trail, Natasha is already getting the hang of it. She'll sit on my lap and while I scroll, she'll say, "Can we make that? I bet we can. Can we make that? Yes! We can!")


...around the corner to the last and largest crosstitch project I did.
23-194
(It was completed before Natasha arrived!)


Finally, a wee peek in the bathroom. I hung this empty frame this past summer, but finally added the silk flowers to make it look like I actually cared. :)
20-186

Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving!

p.s. This was supposed to post all by itself earlier this week...before Thanksgiving. But, it didn't. So before I get out my Christmas decorations (because I DO make it wait till after Thanksgiving), I thought I'd slip this rather fallish post in. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your sweet hand print wreath..and I had to smile thinking of your little one up in your lap viewing Pinterest with you...reminds me of my little grands doing the same...blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts and comments are always nice. So, if you're feeling so inclined, leave a comment.