Saturday, March 10, 2012

Time in the Kitchen

Afternoons are Natasha's hardest time of day. Mornings are best, when she can easily amuse herself, but come 2 p.m. and thereafter, it can get rough. A nap would do wonders, but then she doesn't go to bed easily and Daniel and I don't get any us time at all during the day. (Two nights of trying to watch a movie with a toddler crawling all over us cured us of attempting a nap AND a decent bedtime.)
So to help the afternoons pass happier, I've taken to having her help me cook. Sure, it takes longer, and I have a lot more messes to clean up, (yay for tile!), but we do have fun.

The other day we made meatloaf:
014

021

022

025

Note to self: Make a mini-sized apron.
And remove all clean silverware from within arms reach, or else they will all be dirty again when a little girl decides she needs yet another different spoon to stir with.

4 comments:

  1. So cute!!! I really do miss you guys BTW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this makes me smile. i love to cook with my boys and it DOES take longer, it DOES make a mess (thanksgiving this year my 6 pies i make yearly twice as long because i let my almost 2 yr old help). BUT it is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute - looks like she's really enjoying helping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact that you have included your little one in the kitchen. As enjoyable as it is, I think we both know the frustration that can also accompany a little one in the kitchen. Take a deep breath and know it will take 30 minutes longer is my thinking. Sweet photographs!
    Blessings,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts and comments are always nice. So, if you're feeling so inclined, leave a comment.