Friday, June 17, 2011

MY Denim Skirt!

This skirt has been on my sewing list for a very long time.
My previous favorite denim skirt has gotten *very faded* and it was time to update.

I used an old Butterick pattern, number 4660, but changed a few things. Like, not cutting the front and back pattern piece on the fold, inserting a lapped zipper in the front, and doing all sorts of top stitching, not to mention adding pockets!
img_5058

img_5055

My husband has informed me that the pocket on the left is narrower and pointier than the one on the right.
I knew that.
But I wasn't telling.
It was the first thing he noticed. He takes after his father in the noticing of details.
So, I guess I'll have to re-do it. *sigh*

img_5052

See that empty spot at the top of the zipper?
Yeah.
There's supposed to be a really snazzy professional looking "jean" snap there. But, me and my snap press and do-gizzies got all fumbled and I seem to be lacking an important snap thingy. That is to say, I can't add my snap till I locate the little adapter.
I'm rather bummed about that.

img_5062

For the lining of the pockets, I used some plaid fabric in some of my favorite colors.
No one will know, but me, that it's there and I will go around smiling with my little secret!
Oh, well, you know now, but don't tell!

img_5065

Can I just mention here that heavy duty sewing machine needles really DO make all the difference? And...a twin set is even better?

img_5069

My final entry for Skirt Week! (And yep, I'm totally just barely getting this in by the deadline.)
It was great motivation to quit procrastinating with this skirt.

crafterhours

1 comment:

  1. I like it! Pockets and all. :) LOL I like the topstitching you did, and I REALLY like that pocket lining - that just adds a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts and comments are always nice. So, if you're feeling so inclined, leave a comment.