Hooded Baby Towel Tutorial

I made this (several months ago) in about 10 minutes (minus interruptions,) out of a new, unused bath towel. It does require a serger...so if you don't have one, I suggest searching craigslist, begging for one for your birthday, or borrowing a friend's.

img_3585

I might be somewhat vague with this, because it really doesn't need much instruction. Basically, cut a square from the towel. I didn't use the "embossed" edge of the towel, and kind of lined up a hooded towel I already had, to get an idea for the size:

img_3558

Using a bowl from the kitchen, I rounded all four edges.

img_3559

Next, cut a triangle out of the terry towel...about the size that would fit over a baby's head...

img_3560

Round the right angle of the triangle to match the square you already cut out, and serge the long bottom edge:

img_3565

Pin the triangle into one of the corners of the square and serge around the entire edge. (See top picture for finished hooded towel.) It's really that easy!

Then, use it to wrap a baby shower gift! Or, go bathe the baby. :)

img_3588

Comments

  1. Nice project! I've never worked with a serger, that would be a new experience for me. But I sure like the way it makes edges. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative! Love all of your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts and comments are always nice. I love to hear from my readers.

Popular Posts