Mei Tai Side Carry

It's been a while since I've done a babywearing post. Truthfully, it's because I haven't been doing anything very exciting as far as babywearing goes.

When we go out, I wear Natasha in the ring sling; shopping, to MOPS, etc... The most recent event was a baby shower, and it was so handy to have her on my hip while we went through the brunch line.

At home though, Natasha crawls around a lot, and is mostly happy to do so. There are those times though (why is it always when I'm fixing a meal?) when she needs my attention and wants to be in my arms. Usually I pop her in the ring sling and away we go. This past time though, I wanted to try something different. So I quickly had Daniel look up how to do a side carry with a mei tai, and this is what we came up with:

edited

I *really* like back carries with the mei tai. But the last few times I've done it, Natasha is TOO curious to see what I'm doing that she leans WAY out on one side to see around my shoulder and it throws me completely off balance, the shoulder straps get loose, my shirt gets stretched out, and it makes me unhappy. So the hip carry was a nice alternative.

edited

Not sure we had it tied properly, but she was certainly secure and wasn't going to fall out. Perhaps next time I try it, I will be able to focus a little more on the step-by-step directions. Something wasn't quite right this past time, since my neck ached slightly.

Hmmm....

edited

But, the chocolate chip cookies were absolutely wonderful.

Comments

  1. She is adorable. Love that smile and those chubby cheeks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts and comments are always nice. I love to hear from my readers.

Popular Posts