Baby Leg Warmers

I *knew* there was a reason I kept my holey knee socks.
I always wear out the heels and toes first,
and if I wear them in such condition, I seem very homely.
It's rather sad to me; since from the ankle up,
those socks are still in great shape.

Well, I found a use for them!
Using this tutorial, I made Natasha some "baby leg warmers".

I followed the directions pretty much,
except I angled the entire leg to make it fit her better.


Then I cut the excess off.
And put them on her!
But, I'm thinking the tutorial was right in not angling the entire sock.
These don't stay on Natasha very well...
I'll have to keep perfecting this little project.
Oh, just so you know, when I first saw these things called "baby leg warmers" on a blog somewhere,
I thought they were sort of dorky.
Now, here I am, a real Momma, and I made my daughter some.
I like them because she can still wear a onesie.
I love onesies on babies.
Those footed outfits are great for babies too, but they DO have a lot of snaps, and it can take a good 5 minutes to figure out which snap, snaps to which snap to create legs. :)

Oh, and one more thing.
If
I had cute knee socks, then my baby would have cute leg warmers.
Unfortunately, I'm rather dull in my sock colors.
And I'm too cheap to go buy a pair of cute socks to cut up for her.
Sorry Natasha.

Comments

  1. Love it! My girlies have way too many pairs of homemade baby leg warmers...but they are just so stinkin cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts and comments are always nice. I love to hear from my readers.

Popular Posts