Natasha's Christmas Dress




 Natasha's Christmas dress was mostly an original design I drafted myself. I knew I wanted a shirred bodice, and I based it off of an Old Navy dress she had in her closet. It worked out splendidly and I think it's quite flattering. Because of the elastic bobbin thread, there's no need for a zipper. 

I basically widened a traditional dress pattern front and back, both cut on the fold, keeping the sleeve and side seam edge as is, to still attach the sleeves. Then I shirred both front and back to cinch it in, and proceeded as usual for assembling the sleeves and gathered skirt. 

Finishing the neckline was the trickiest part but I ended up cutting the neckline edge smoother to eliminate the sharp curve and folded it over about 1/2" to make a casing. I inserted elastic to keep the neckline from gaping. 

Voila! 

Comments

Popular Posts