October 1st




Boy, am I ever glad to see fall arrive. All the cozy vibes going on over here...pumpkins, cardigans, the search for warmer shoes, thoughts of putting the sandals away till spring, pumpkin desserts, and yes, even the fake fireplace on Netflix. 

I finished sewing this new dress for Natasha the other day. In its former life, it was a Lands' End Women's wrap front dress which I found at a garage sale. But, I basically shrunk it since it wasn't fitting me the best and I knew Natasha would get more use from it. I kept as many of the original design as I could, with the front pleats in the skirt and the waistband. The wrap front couldn't be saved since it was needed to be cut into a new bodice. Since I use the existing hems on the sleeves and skirt hem, it comes together so quickly.

Now. To go light a candle on this properly dreary, October day. 

Comments

Popular Posts