The Fathers in My Life








This turned out to be a very father-son post, which wasn't exactly my intention. However when I went looking for pictures of Daniel with our children, Lincoln seemed to be the one most often featured these days. Then, for my own Dad, again, the pictures include Lincoln. Seeing a theme here?

Finally, it's really hard to get a picture of Daniel's Dad with us since he is down in Australia. So, the last couple pictures are our side of things during a FaceTime call with Daniel's parents recently. I'm pretty sure Vince, my father-in-law was the one getting Lincoln to raise his arms in such glee. Probably doing it himself from halfway around the globe, so Lincoln could imitate him. :)

I'm honored to know and have wonderful men in my life.
These pictures illustrate just a few of the fun times and the memories I want to keep forever.
Because, life keeps moving on and little boys don't stay little.

Just during our last visit to my parents, we came across some of my Dad's baby toys and even some clothes, his mom carefully packed away probably 50 years ago. I'm so glad we discovered them now because Lincoln can now play with the trains my Dad played with, and wear the clothes my Dad wore. Every father was a little boy once...and their mommas watched them grow up...as I'm watching my son do now.

So cherish the moments fellow Mommas... 

"Think ahead to a time, when your little boy's a man, 
and you'd give anything just to hold him again." 
~Ron Hamilton

Comments

Popular Posts