When Knitting Takes Over Sewing

This lovely pile of yarn came from Denmark. We met a family when we visited their church and when they invited us their home for dinner, I found out she's a knitter. She told me about her sister-in-law who bought a yarn shop which went out of business and had all this yarn in her barn. So we later met up and I shopped with great glee, and tried to remember we only had room for carry-ons. 

Raveled here

While in Denmark, I did some knitting to pass the time and did my first color-worked piece, shown above. It was surprisingly easy, especially since I know how to read a crosstitch pattern. With leftover yarn, I made the baby hat, shown below, for an unknown recipient. I'm learning baby hats or bonnets are the best little handmade gift to have on hand when a new baby is in the neighborhood.


 Raveled here

Here are some more baby items I've made and given out in the past year or so:

Raveled here

 Raveled here

Raveled here

 Raveled here



 Raveled here

Raveled here


Also, something for my wee little man. A cowl, to keep his neck warm made from the soft green Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino in the yarn collection up there. It's been a favorite accessory for him. Very practical too, but so cute on a little boy. 

Comments

Popular Posts