I Do Still Sew

To my long time readers, you may remember when I used to feature many sewing projects. Those posts have been few and far between recently, but I do still sew. Back for Easter, Natasha and I both wore something handmade. 

Here's our family Easter picture blooper style, since it shows real life. The sun was obviously too bright and causing issues. 

As for the handmade items, my skirt was newly off the sewing machine. The buttons were my Great-Grandma's saved and handed down through my Mom. Believe me, if and when this skirt leaves the rotation, the buttons are staying with me.



McCall's 8044

But Natasha's dress was my pride and joy for that day. I completed it back in February and she saved it to wear on Easter for the first time, complete with a puffy crinoline, 1950's style. The pattern was a vintage Simplicity, number 1870. The fit was perfect for Natasha with such a slender silhouette.


The instructions for the back placket left me scratching my head though. Nothing was making sense to me! I finally ditched all the given directions and did my own thing to make it look like the pattern envelope.


The dotted fabric has been sitting in my cupboard since 2013. I bought it in Paris when we were in Europe the first time and Natasha was 3. I knew just the right project would come for it, but it did take almost 8 years. Covered buttons were the only way to go and I think they complete the dress perfectly. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts