Studying Mini-Beasts




I started a new "curriculum" this year called "Exploring Nature with Children" by Lynn Seddon. She has put together a nature based study that goes year round with a new topic each week. It's been fun to follow along with and have some guidance for our nature/science studies. Above, you'll see that we examined a preying mantis that Lincoln found. Lincoln asked,"Is that a grasshopper?" when he spotted it. 

For myself, I read a new inspiring book by Julie Bogart, "The Brave Learner" and am almost finished re-reading Sarah Mackenzie's "Teaching From Rest". The Brave Learner has so many great ideas for making learning FUN and exciting. Teaching From Rest is super encouraging with timely reminders that I don't have to be doing everything, all the time, for everyone. If I can just apply a bit from each, I'd be happy.


Comments

Popular Posts