A Winner of a Pizza Crust






I know everyone has their own preferences on pizza crusts. Thin or thick, crunchy or chewy. For years I've been looking for a gluten-free crust that meets my own criteria. Which is as follows:

  • a little chewy
  • not too thin
  • not too crispy 
  • one that I can pick up and eat with my hand, no fork required

Folks, I have found my crust.
"Paleo Pizza Crust"

The only change I made was cutting the tapioca flour in half and using half rice flour to make up the difference. I bake it on parchment paper in a 500 degree oven and the bottom crisps right up, but the dough itself is chewy. It is sturdy enough to hold toppings and pick up with your hand. It's just so good. I think the almond flour is the key ingredient, adding a nice texture and flavor.

So for now, my search is over.

Comments

Popular Posts