Easter and Spring





It was a double fun day since Natasha's birthday fell on Easter this year. Here is the Easter portion of the day with the traditional family picture following church.
I didn't make Natasha a new dress for Easter since I spent so much time making her flower girl dress earlier this year and I knew it would work for Easter. I did make Lincoln a new bow tie out of a neck tie of his Great-Grandpa's. I let him choose the neck tie and he selected one the exact color as Natasha's dress without any prompting from me.
We dyed eggs with natural dyes made of red cabbage, avocado pits, turmeric and yellow onion skins. I'm really not sure why I do it, aside from it seeming to be all hip and the earth-friendly thing to do. We don't eat these eggs, so the typical dye from a kit would be fine, simpler and less costly in the long-run. (Buying fresh produce time 4 colors isn't cheap.) However, peer pressure from what seems to be the popular way to color eggs won out this year. Next year, I think I'll stick with a $1 kit from the store. It is still fun to see what colors you can come up with using natural ingredients but it's definitely not fool proof.

Comments

Popular Posts