Playing House






This is not a normal occurrence in our home. Natasha has never been the "little mommy" or played with dolls like I did when I was young. Her play has always been more fantasy, princess and animal based. So to have her ask if I could strap on the baby doll mei tai carrier I made years ago, was Highly Unusual. I happily did a dance inside but remained calm, cool and collected on the outside. She actually wore it longer than 3 minutes, with her baby on her back, and proceeded to play with other baby dolls (even hunting the whole house for one in particular) for the majority of the morning. There were pretend babies crying all over the place, diaper changes happening, bottles being prepared and even a couple nursing sessions. I couldn't be happier. :)

I wish I could link to the tutorial I used for the baby doll mei tai carrier, but I'm afraid it is long lost. I made it out of vintage feed sack fabric I had on hand and it is reversible.

Comments

Popular Posts