February 8th

"In My Hand"
1-004

Let me introduce you to my newest favorite stain remover. I had just about given up on two pink, particularly grape-juice stained shirts that are Natasha's favorites. I just get so discouraged seeing her wear stained clothes, but she loves them, and I didn't really want to "make them disappear" quite yet. I had tried stain removers from the store; Zout and Resolve didn't work. I figured those purple spots were there to stay. 

Then I read an article in an old Martha Stewart magazine about natural cleaning and saw this:

"Bleach Stains from Fabric: Hydrogen peroxide is a great alternative to chlorine bleach;
it dislodges stubborn stains and is safe on delicates as long as they are colorfast.
Place stained area in a bowl, and pour the peroxide onto the fabric.
Let soak at least 1 hour, then launder as usual."

It was definitely worth a try. I didn't exactly follow the soaking in a bowl directions... I just laid the shirts on the counter and poured the peroxide from the lid directly onto the spots. I left them there all day, replenishing it about 3 times total since it would dry out. Each time I could see the stain lessening and disappearing. 

I washed the shirts this morning, and the stains are basically gone! You can hardly tell they were there! I wish I had before and after pictures, but I don't. :( You'd think since those are about the only two shirts she wears that I'd have an odd picture somewhere of her wearing one, but I couldn't find one. So you'll just have to trust me. 
It worked, and I'm thrilled. 
And very impressed. 

Comments

  1. Hydrogen peroxide works amazingly on blood. If you are quilting and prick your finger over white fabric, just drop a few drops on it and the offending spots disappear like magic. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thoughts and comments are always nice. I love to hear from my readers.

Popular Posts